Friday, March 6, 2009

Motorcycling Unplugged !!

One word "motorcycle" holds many meanings for different people - fear, excitement, too much risk, too much wind, short life, freedom etc. etc. etc. but for me its shear passion and fun, worth the risk I would say. It was always my dream to get a bike and get on a bike. I was bit skeptical about getting a bike when I was in Los Angeles coz of the mad traffic and the speed. A place where people make fun of the 65 mile per hour limit signs on the freeways. I tried to get one when I was in LA but didn't do it, guess was not encouraged that much to break the barrier.

I moved to Seattle, Washington and I was more skeptical about the whole thing looking at the wet weather and cold winters. With a heavy heart I thought my "excitement" will be shelved forever. I had a heated discussion with my brother about pros and cons of motorcycling in Seattle and finally decided to do some research on it. If feasible, will get one ;)

So after around 3 months of research, evaluating the pros cons which models, price range, engine power, make and models we finally decided to buy our first independent motorcycles. I got a Vstar 650cc cruiser and he (my brother) got a sport model Kawasaki Ninja 250.
So after 3 months and over 2600 miles of riding, today I know why people are crazy about this machine called "motorcycle" :)

No comments: